Position: Director/VP Business Development
Reporting: Executive Vice President, Sales
This company provides outsourced business solutions to some of the world's leading brands. Our goal is to help our clients build and strengthen relationships with their customers and, at the same time, help them reduce costs, increase revenue, enhance loyalty and achieve real results.
In-house services are delivered by results-driven professionals. This company has world-class expertise in business process management, direct marketing, contact center operations, data management, fulfillment, supply chain management and logistics. Whether customers utilize a single solution or our integrated solutions to support their direct marketing needs, the company provides a single point of accountability to ensure flawless execution.
This company is growing explosively and is looking to add a world-class Director/VP of Business Development to our experienced Sales team. This new member of the team will help take our impressive client list to unprecedented heights through new-logo acquisitions. The organization has enormous ambition and an unshakable commitment to talent, excellence, innovation, and learning.
The Director/VP of Business Development will exceed sales objectives and quotas in assigned markets by promoting and selling company service offerings through professional and consultative sales techniques, account management, and developing long-term client relationships.
- Exceed sales targets, and established activity levels, achieve revenue objectives that meet or exceed stated minimums in assigned market through direct sales contact.
- A strong emphasis will be placed on generating new business in new accounts.
- Maintain and develop existing accounts as assigned.
- Targeted clients will generate on average between $500,000 to $2,000,000 per year and one-time projects will on average be greater than $20,000.00 per assignment.
- Make a set amount of quality sales calls each week to targeted customers.
- Strategize to target “A”, “B”, and “C” accounts by current and potential revenue, cost to sell and service and probability of success.
- Allocate time and call frequency based on “A”, “B”, “C” targeting.
- Determine the appropriate number of calls on prospects vs. customers and make said calls. Identify potential growth areas and open new accounts.
- Increase market penetration by calling on a targeted universe of clients to promote and sell company services, communicate special programs, collect competitive information, handle and resolve problems and complaints, and assist in collecting overdue receivables.
- Prepare, plan and deliver presentations on an individual and team basis.
- Sell all services, while concentrating on value-added consultative selling strategies.
- Working with client services organization to drive the preparation of written presentations proposals, reports, and price quotations.
- Negotiate pricing and terms. Obtain final approval on all pricing and terms. Facilitate the signing of Master Services Agreements.
- Maintain accounts receivables in compliance with objectives.
- Participate in company training.
- Continually develop new product knowledge and acquire better selling skills.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, products and market for services.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, seminars, and trade shows.
- Assist in creating client business solutions.
Requirements and Experience
- At least 8 years of consultative sales in Direct Marketing industry
- At least a four year degree (advanced degree preferred)
- Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills
firstname.lastname@example.org - Click to email