Position: Software Sales Account Executive
Reporting: Vice President of Sales, Retail
Location: East Coast, Southeast territory
This company is a leading provider of customer communication technologies which includes software, equipment and services to help businesses communicate with their customers more effectively in today’s multi-channel environment. Through a unique combination of smarter analytical tools and expertise in physical, digital and hybrid communications, this company is helping businesses meet the many challenges of connecting with individual customers in a targeted manner. The software business unit provides global software solutions, data, and services to help customers gain greater competitive advantage and enhanced decision-making abilities through an array of offerings in Communications Management, Customer Analytics, and Location Intelligence.
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of qualified leads through selective cold calling, attending industry trade shows, providing product demonstrations, working leads from direct mail campaigns and other marketing campaigns.
- Develop and maintain detailed and updated opportunity matrixes in CRM softward for each account to ensure that the appropriate sales support resources can be available and to assist in the preparation of accurate and timely sales forecasts.
- Aggressively build a pipeline of new business to consistently meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue quotas.
- Minimum activity standards include weekly “C” level meetings, discovery sessions to uncover customer business problems, custom solution demonstrations, and complex ROI and investment presentations.
- Ability to work with a team of Solution Architects, Sales Engineers and Professional Services representatives to recommend integrated software and service offerings.
- Obtain the maximum sales and services revenue from each account and sales opportunity through recognition of broader needs that company solutions can address and through the strongest possible adherence to approved pricing.
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years enterprise software sales experience selling large ERP, CRM, Document Management, Financial Applications, Marketing Services, Business Intelligence or General Application Software and Services into Retail verticals.
- A minimum of 3+ years of complex sophisticated solution selling with a sales cycle of 3-9 months or longer and average deal size in excess of $500,000 including significant license and services components.
- Extensive experience selling to multi-channel retailers, multi-divisional, inter-agency teams and “C” level buyers (CEO, CMO, CIO, CFO, Department Directors, etc.)
- This position is focused on building solid relationships with a specific number of major (enterprise) F100 accounts and leveraging those relationships for the purpose of expanding the PBS products’ and services’ footprint throughout the client enterprise resulting in incremental revenue attainment.
- Up to 60% overnight travel required.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Ability to craft business solutions to complex business problems
- Experience utilizing a structured sales process focusing on customer value and ROI
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships with business, finance technical buyers
- Ideal candidates will have work experience with one of the major Marketing Service Providers (MSP), as well as relevant contacts within the retail market place.
email@example.com - Click to email